Maldives, officially the Republic of Maldives, is an archipelagic country in the Indian subcontinent of Asia, situated in the Indian Ocean. It lies southwest of Sri Lanka and India, about 750 kilometres (470 miles; 400 nautical miles) from the Asian continent’s mainland. The chain of 26 atolls stretches from Ihavandhippolhu Atoll in the north to Addu Atoll in the south (across the Equator). Comprising a territory spanning roughly 90,000 square kilometres (35,000 sq mi) including the sea, land area of all the islands comprises 298 square kilometres (115 sq mi), Maldives is one of the world’s most geographically dispersed sovereign states and the smallest Asian country as well as one of the smallest Muslim countries by land area and, with around 557,751 inhabitants, the 2nd least populous country in Asia. Male is the capital and the most populated city, traditionally called the “King’s Island” where the ancient royal dynasties ruled for its central location.
The Maldivian Archipelago is located on the Chagos-Laccadive Ridge, a vast submarine mountain range in the Indian Ocean; this also forms a terrestrial ecoregion, together with the Chagos Archipelago and Lakshadweep. With an average ground-level elevation of 1.5 metres (4 ft 11 in) above sea level, and a highest natural point of only 5.1 metres (17 ft), it is the world’s lowest-lying country.
CLIMATE:- The climate is warm and tropical, with average highs at a consistent 29°C to 31°C year-round and average lows rarely falling below 24°C. January to April are the driest months, with little rain and low humidity, making this peak season at the resorts.
The currency used in Maldives is Maldivian Rufiyaa (MVR)
Time zone in Singapore (GMT+5)
The 2008 Constitution of Maldives designates Sunni Islam as the state religion. Only Sunni Muslims are allowed to hold citizenship in the country and citizens may practice Sunni Islam only.
Canoe – An activity which involves paddling a canoe with a single-bladed paddle. Common meanings of the term are limited to when the canoeing is the central purpose of the activity.
Catamaran Sailing – Catamarans are safe for ocean crossings. In fact, catamarans are often much safer than similarly-sized monohulls offshore. Safety comes from increased motion comfort, great stability, speed, and excess buoyancy due to lack of ballast
Water Skiing – A surface water sport in which an individual is pulled behind a boat or a cable ski installation over a body of water, skimming the surface on two skis or one ski. … There are many options for recreational or competitive water skiers.
Fun Tube – Enjoy the tube boat ride in Maldives, which is an unpowered, inflatable tube meant for towing.
Wakeboarding – Wakeboarding is much harder and more complicated than waterskiing, but incredibly fulfilling once you get the hang of it! Plus, after you know how to waterski, then wakeboarding will be easier to learn. … Wakeboarding also has one thick shorter board for wakeboarding.
Jet Ski Tour – is the best place to experience water sports and activities like jet skis, water skiing, or flyboarding.
Parasailing – Maldives has a divinie feature to count you in and that is parasailing which it is entirely famous for. This is an enthralling activity where you can glide through the air wearing an open parachute while being towed by a motorboat.
Banana Boat – Enjoy the banana boat ride in Maldives, which is a large inflatable tube that passengers ride. This water sport at high speeds and large waves. … Experience this enthralling boat ride for 10 to 15 minutes.
Windsurfing – With its warm water, consistent winds, and the large lagoons surrounding many of the islands, the Maldives is fast becoming a windsurfing hot spot. The best season is from May to October when the wet season hits and the winds pick up.
How to reach:
Air From India it takes approx. 2.50 hrs to reach Male City – Velana International Airport, is the main international airport in the Maldives.
Best Time To Visit
The best time to visit the Maldives is from November to April. The island nation is warm and sunny year-round, but consists of a dry season and a wet, rainy season. There are pros and cons to visiting in each season.
Where to Stay:
|Male Hotel||Paradise Island Resort / Sun Island Resort / Similar|
Day01 – On arrival at Male Airport – Velana International Airport, proceed for the immigration counter on own. You can take help from the Airport Assistances are there. After immigration heading towards to the exit gate and look for the representative at the point it is mentioned in advance.
The representative will assist you to take speed boat transfer to Hotel (on SIC basis). Report at reception and they will help you doing the Check in to Room. (Check in will be not before 1400hrs, early check in will subject to availability).
After freshen free time at leisure on your own.
Over night at Hotel.
Day02 – Breakfast will be served at 7am at buffet area, have your breakfast.
Day to explore on your own. Today you can enjoy water sport (on own cost).
Over night at Hotel.
Day03 – Breakfast will be served at 7am at buffet area, have your breakfast.
Day to explore on your own. Today you can enjoy water sport (on own cost)
Over night at Hotel
Day04 – Breakfast will be served at 7am at buffet area, have your breakfast.
Then Check out from hotel and take speedboat transfer to Airport for onward flight.
Must Maintain In Tour
- Carry your belongings, like Passport Copy & Foreign Currency with you all the time
- After check in – original passport you can keep in locker of Hotel room or keep inside your luggage under lock & key or you can carry it with you (but on own responsibility)
- Maintain the transfers pick times, if you missed out no refund / reimbursement is possible, you need to reach to the Tour Stop / Destination on own and need to report to the local operation representative to confirm the return pick-up
- On arrival you will get a packet with all the original vouchers & entry tickets of your tour (may be in ticket form / in voucher format – need to redeem at counter). Please check all very carefully, if not anything missed out. If so, please report immediately.
- In Room, if you use any product from min freeze, all will be chargeable and need to pay to hotel directly.
- At time of check out if hotel charge for any damage that need to settle across. In some peak season, some of hotel charges a security deposit for this reason, that you need to pay, but rest assure same will be refunded at time of Check out without delay, if there is no harm.
To get Maldives VISA for Indian’s, firstly you check the validity of your passport, if it is valid for at least 6Months from your return date.
VISA will be on arrival at Male Airport. (we will guide for the same at the time of booking).
- For convenience make advance reservation of hotels, transport and local sightseeing of the city and journey on Luxury Trains.
- Carrying authorized map of the State and City to which you are traveling to.
- Carry woolen cloths in winter and walking shoes for all season.
- Carrying all essential medicines as advice by your Doctor.
- Travel insurance can protect you of any un-seen hazards.
- Avoid taking services of unknown and unauthorized guides/touts.
- Avoid heavy baggage and prefer use light weight bags with wheels to avoid any inconvenience.
- Inform your allergies and food habits in the hotel or restaurant before you order for meals or beverages.
- Avoid carrying expensive items like jewellery, gold and valuables of high worth.
- Make purchase from authorized shops and take proper vouchers of purchases made with telephone number and identification of salesman or owner of the shop.
- Carrying safe drinking water and dry eatables while travelling.
- For emergency please contact our 24 X 07 Customer Support Number -8585-86-7575
- Always carry a photocopy of your travel documents i.e. Passport, Visa or Travel Pass and inform the police immediately on the loss any of such documents.
- Give proper wake-up call at hotel reception as and when you have to catch early morning or late night connecting Bus or Train.
- Avoid getting extra familiar with hotel staff or any other guests during your stay and in case of any abnormal or indecent behavior, report to Hotel Manager or THPL Customer Support Mobile number
- Avoid booking of ticket or hotel booking through unauthorized agents.
10 Most Amazing Facts of Singapore
- An Underwater Cabinet Meeting. (Source)
- Maldives is the Flattest Country in the World
- Maldives has a Strict Constitution
- The Indian Connection of Maldives
- Maldives has a Different Weekend
- Maldives Base Religion
- Maldives Base Religion
- Turtle in Maldives
- Maldives in Sinking
- Islands and Atolls Everywhere
General tems & conditions
For all the services contracted, 25% advance payment should be made to hold the booking, on confirmed basis & for flight ticket booking need full actual fare. The balance amounts need to be paid 10days before the commencement of the services. Management personnel hold the right to decide upon the amount to be paid as advance payment, based on the nature of the service & the time left for the commencement of the service.
Apart from above in some cases like Special Train Journeys, hotels or resorts bookings during the peak season (like: X-Mas, New Year, Puja, Diwali), 50% advance payment should be made to hold the booking and 20days before full payment is required to be paid.
Note: Above mentioned payment policy may change during peak season.
In the event of cancellation of tour / travel services due to any avoidable / unavoidable reason/s we must be notified of the same in writing. Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice in writing, and cancellation charges would be as follows:
60 days prior to arrival: 10% of the Tour / service cost
45 days prior to arrival: 20% of the Tour / service cost
15 days prior to arrival: 25% of the Tour / service cost
10 days prior to arrival: 50% of the Tour / service cost
07 days prior to arrival: Non Refundable
In case of Special Trains Journeys and peak season hotel bookings a separate cancellation policy is applicable (which can be advised as and when required).
SOME CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICIES ARE OUT OF OUR TENDER:
Refund for hotel payment will follow the hotel’s cancellation policy
Train tickets cancellations will follow the Railway’s policy
Flight tickets cancellations will follow the airlines company policy
In case you cancel the trip after commencement, refund would be restricted to a limited amount only which too would depend on the amount that we would be able to recover from the hoteliers/ contractors we patronize. For unused hotel accommodation, chartered transportation & missed meals etc. we do not bear any responsibility to refund.
OUR LIABILITIES & LIMITATIONS:
- Please note that after the finalization of the Tour/ service Cost, if there are any Hike in entrance fees of monuments / museums, Taxes, fuel cost or guide charges – the same would be charged as extra.
- As per the Government directive, you are requested to produce your photo identity document such as Driving License/Voter ID Card/Passport/Ration Card at the point of check in at the hotel. We appreciate your cooperation.
- In case of non-availability of requested hotel/ hotels, we will provide accommodation in a similar category hotel / hotels.
- If there is any unavoidable incident occur during the tour, E2E will not be labile for any responsibility
- There will be no refund for any No Show / Unutilized services.
- The itinerary may be modifying based on various factors like maintenance of monuments / museums / major like spots conventions, religious festivals etc.
- Itinerary timings in the tour are approximate and may be subject to change.
- Transfers and sightseeing on SIC basis means transport through a comfortable coach/bus/van depending on the total number of passengers travelling with you on that same tour. Please note that Musafir.com will be putting together all the passengers arriving around the same time and dropping them at their respective hotels. You may talk to our holiday experts for private transfers/ transport facility, which will be made available at an additional cost.
- Customer needs to avail the SIC from the scheduled pick up point at the scheduled time. Musafir.com is not responsible if the pick-up is missed due to customer’s delay.
- All personal extras such as laundry, room service, alcohol, minibar, telephone bills, pre-paid or post-paid SIM cards etc. will be on direct payment basis by the traveler to the service provider and Musafir.com will not be liable for the same at any point of time.